Mary Lou George’s Shortbread
These little lovelies truly melt in your mouth. You will need: 1lb (454g) butter at room temperature 1 cup icing sugar ½ cup cornstarch 1 tsp vanilla 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) 1 Toblerone chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Cream butter and icing sugar until very fluffy
- Beat in cornstarch, vanilla then flour. Beat until batter is light and very fluffy
- Stir in nuts if using.
- Drop batter by teaspoon on to parchment paper
- Chop Toblerone into small pieces (for the top of the cookies)
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden
- While cookies are still hot, place a small piece of chocolate on each one
- Sprinkle on icing sugar if desired
Makes 120 bite sized cookies that will make your guests gasp with pleasure For another Christmas treat, read Prey, the third book in Mary Lou George’s New Crescent Series. Click here to read an excerpt.