Easy Pulled Pork Recipe
This recipe for easy pulled pork came about because, before I became a full time writer, I was working up to ten hours per day and I needed some quick, easy dinners so my husband didn’t have to feed my children hot dogs, scrambled eggs and pasta five days a week.
Last summer, our wonderful neighbor, who has a spit in his backyard, showed up on our doorstep with an entire spit-roasted pig. Hence, we had eight or nine giant freezer bags full of pork in our freezer. So, when my parents were due to come over for dinner, I pulled out two of those bags, and whipped this up.
- Pork! (I used the pork from the spit-roasted pig, but I’ve also made this with pork roast as well)
- Your favorite bar-b-cue sauce
- Plunk your pork in a slow cooker.
- Add about a 1/4 water.
- Set for ten hours.
- At 8 hours, remove pork from slow cooker, shred it using two forks, add it back to the slower cooker.
- Add 3/4 of a bottle to one whole bottle of Bar-b-cue sauce.
- Continue cooking for the rest of the allotted time.
* I use Diana’s Western Smokehouse bar-b-cue sauce, but have also used an apple-butter sauce that was extremely popular. Hint: Diana’s Western Smokehouse sauce does not contain gluten, so my Dad, who has celiac disease, can eat this no problem. Just not on a bun.
For something a little different, try my creamy chicken stew!