Disgustingly Good Banana Cake
One of the things I love to do, besides reading and writing, is bake. For me, there’s nothing more satisfying than seeing, smelling and TASTING the efforts of my labor. And over the weekend, I made the best banana cake ever, so I thought I’d share it with you. I found the recipe on cookiesandcups.com, but I’ll share it here.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 ripe bananas (I mean RIPE, like they have to be walking on their own)
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup milk
The best part of this cake is the crumb filling and topping. For that, you will need:
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray 9×13 baking dish and set aside
- Mix together flour, salt and baking powder, set aside
- Mash bananas until liquefied — Liquefied is the key word here…no lumps!
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy
- Stir in bananas
- Stir in dry ingredients and milk until combined
Prepare crumb filling by:
- Combining all ingredients together and cutting with pastry cutter or fork until there are coarse crumbs (Confession time…I used my hands)
- Pour half of batter into pan
- Scatter 1/3 crumb mixture on top
- Pour rest of batter over crumbs, smooth out if necessary
- Top with remaining crumb mixture
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Ah yes, love in a pan. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!