This recipe for chocolate chip cookies is one of the best I’ve found. I’ve tweaked it a little and want to share it with everyone.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (yes, I said one tablespoon)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Stir together flour, soda, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Why do I melt the butter? Because I’m kind of impatient when it comes to wanting my cookies NOW, and this makes it faster.
- Once butter mixture is combined well, beat in vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and fluffy.
- Mix in dry ingredients by hand.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. If you want puffy cookies, DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
- Once dough has been chilled, shape 1 inch pieces into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), just until they start to turn golden.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes or so, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Grab a large glass of milk, sit back and enjoy the praise, (and the cookies, of course).
Like this? You might also like the banana cake recipe!